Who is this for?
The Carbon Literacy Project is running a special day on December 4th to coincide with COP (Conference of Parties) 28, being held in the United Arab Emirates, encouraging as many people to run workshops for the day.
If you want to be certified by the Carbon Literacy Project as carbon literate, you will need to pay just £ 10.00 (to cover the cost of the certificate).
If you are someone who is concerned about climate change and want to take the right actions then do come along to this course, become accredited as Carbon Literate, and help take responsibility for making the needed changes.
If consumers make the right informed decisions on what they buy, how they travel, what they eat, and how they heat and light their homes, then all industries, services, schools, and ultimately governments will have to adapt to what consumers choose to do! Climate change will be demand-led.
This practical one-day workshop will help you to know more about the climate, what is being done about it, and what you should do to prevent the bad effects of climate change. You will learn how to save money and how to save the planet!
Successful learners will be certified as Carbon Literate by the Carbon Literacy Project. That means you know what to do, will pledge to take personal and group actions, and then convince family, friends, and people at work what they need to do.
This course assumes you know nothing or something about climate change. For those who know a lot, it will be an excellent refresher. The great benefit of this course is it will give you the knowledge and enthusiasm to help tackle the climate emergency.
If you want to find out more about the course, have a look at the video below.
What is the agenda?
This workshop is divided into five sections:
- Basic Science. We cover enough basic science to understand the cycle of carbon emissions leading to floods, fires and famine. We show the impacts in the UK, fires in places like California and Australia, and the impacts of famine across Africa. You will learn what will happen if we do not take action!
- Calculate your footprint. We will show how you can use standard tools to work out how much your diet, travel, energy consumption, and purchase of “stuff” impacts the climate. We will then show you what you can do to reduce your impact.
- International action. We will show you how we all fit into the Global, UK, and local actions that people are taking. You will why the UK’s action is inadequate. You will learn the moral and ethical implications of climate change on other people.
- Pledge your actions. You will pledge a personal action and a group action to impact our carbon footprints. That can lead you to become certified as “Carbon Literate” by the Carbon Literacy Project.
- Communicate. People who are “eco-warriors” can scare people with tales of future disasters. We will show you how to communicate with others by listening and making the conversation relevant to friends and family and all those you meet.
How long is it?
The course will run from 9.00 am to 17.30 pm, with a 45 minute break for lunch.
How much does it cost?
The course is free. The only cost is £ 10.00 per person (no VAT is charged), to cover the £10.00 certificate application fee to the Carbon Literacy Trust.
When is it?
The course will be held on Monday December 4th from 9.00 to 5.30
Where is it?
We will deliver the course over the internet using Zoom. We will send you the link shortly before the course to enable you to join for three days.
Please fill in your personal details, go to the Course Name, and select Householders Course.
Then go to the Date box and select the date for the course
Terms and Conditions
The booking is subject to our normal terms and conditions concerning payment of a deposit, payment in full and cancellations 30 days before the course date. Please review the Ts and Cs by clicking on the following button: